Our mission is to cultivate practitioners who are compassionate, confident, and armed with the tools necessary to address the complex issues impacting CSEC victims and survivors. Our training curriculum is informed by survivors, cultural humility, and the intersection of gender and exploitation, grounded in an ethos of social justice.
Human trafficking is a multifaceted, societal issue that deserves a powerful, collective response. The Training Institute offers introductory, intermediate, and advanced curriculum options for service providers, community based organizations, government agencies, and schools in the following topics:
- Introduction to and defining of trafficking
- Pathways and intersections of risk factors
- Red flags and victim identification
- Survivor realities and experiences
- Societal realities, systemic issues, and demand
- Safety planning
- Stages of change
- Impacts of complex trauma
- Best practices for intervention and response
- Advocacy and case management
- Strength-based youth leadership development
- Cross-sector collaboration and coalition building
Trainings can be tailored to specific needs, skill levels, and interest. We also offer sector specific courses for law enforcement, prosecutors, medical professionals, and educators. Our qualified and engaging trainers focus on creating an open and safe environment where participants can learn together, discover strengths, and build connections.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.